Cartoons-Anime Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about various cartoons and anime

3 posters

Figured out what's wrong.

Shiny Shinigami
    Shiny Shinigami
    moderators
    moderators

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Figured out what's wrong. Left_bar_bleue350/350Figured out what's wrong. Empty_bar_bleue  (350/350)
    Mana:
    Figured out what's wrong. Left_bar_bleue350/350Figured out what's wrong. Empty_bar_bleue  (350/350)

Figured out what's wrong. Empty Figured out what's wrong.

Post  Shiny Shinigami Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:41 pm

I have found information about the links. I have been wandering through other forums as a guest and was able to view all images, including the ones in posts. As a guest on this forum, I was able to see next-to-nothing. 

I also checked the FAQ and it said, and I quote:

Can I post images?

Images can indeed be shown in your posts. However, there is no facility at present for uploading images directly to this board. Therefore you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.some-unknown-place.net/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor to images stored behind authentication mechanisms such as Hotmail or Yahoo mailboxes, password-protected sites, etc. To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML (if allowed).

Note that after the sentence "To display the image use either the BBCode [img] tag or appropriate HTML" it says "(if allowed)".

Another one I have found is:

Why can't I access a forum?

Some forums may be limited to certain users or groups. To view, read, post, etc. you may need special authorization which only the forum moderator and board administrator can grant, so you should contact them.

In other words, Lizz is indeed the one who should be doing this.
    Lizz
    Lizz
    Admin
    Admin

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Figured out what's wrong. Left_bar_bleue650/650Figured out what's wrong. Empty_bar_bleue  (650/650)
    Mana:
    Figured out what's wrong. Left_bar_bleue650/650Figured out what's wrong. Empty_bar_bleue  (650/650)

Figured out what's wrong. Empty Re: Figured out what's wrong.

Post  Lizz Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:44 am

I should be doing what?
    Shiny Shinigami
    Shiny Shinigami
    moderators
    moderators

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Shiny Shinigami Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:00 pm

Lizz, log out and look for a forum with a link or image. What does it say where the image should be?
    Lizz
    Lizz
    Admin
    Admin

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Lizz Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:12 pm

I see images
    Shiny Shinigami
    Shiny Shinigami
    moderators
    moderators

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Shiny Shinigami Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:52 pm

Odd. Maybe it's only EVERYBODY else that can't see them?  Suspect Lizz, I can only see images and links from posts I made. Same for Ciaran, and I think Re4per has had the same problem too.
    Lizz
    Lizz
    Admin
    Admin

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Lizz Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:24 pm

I will work on that
    I can see when you post images
    Shiny Shinigami
    Shiny Shinigami
    moderators
    moderators

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Shiny Shinigami Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Well, maybe it's because of the bloodred text that says "Only the administrator may view this link"?
    Ciaran
    Ciaran

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Figured out what's wrong. Left_bar_bleue100/100Figured out what's wrong. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
    Mana:
    Figured out what's wrong. Left_bar_bleue0/0Figured out what's wrong. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Post  Ciaran Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:26 pm

Sorry to butt in, but today when I was using "Chrome" on my Android phone (Running 4.2 Jelly Bean.) I could see links from other members. But for some reason when I go to the same thread on the desktop version of chrome I get the infamous error. (Oh, and the theme currently used makes reading posts on the mobile edition nearly impossible due to the theme breaking on mobile.)

I'll send screenshots when my phone finishes charging.
    Ciaran
    Ciaran

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Figured out what's wrong. Left_bar_bleue100/100Figured out what's wrong. Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
    Mana:
    Figured out what's wrong. Left_bar_bleue0/0Figured out what's wrong. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Post  Ciaran Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:41 pm

Part 2:

Just uploaded the image via Google drive, here you go! (https://docs.google.com/ file/d/0B1OllvSBJnXGUjJCTmlfcjBrSzQ /edit without the spaces, non-admins.)

I was thinking about it and a temporary fix may be to change your user agent to one of a mobile device? I'll post a tutorial in a while.
    Ciaran
    Ciaran

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Ciaran Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:07 pm

Part 3 (Hopefully the last part, this is getting annoying by now.)

Turns out that if you change your User Agent to "Chrome on Android Mobile" images and links work. (And you get to witness the broken theme. ;-Wink If you are unsure how you change User Agents I wrote a tutorial here. (http://bit .ly/1sY3KgT minus the spaces if links don't work.)
    Ciaran
    Ciaran

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Ciaran Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Part Four; (Yes, again...I have nothing else to do at the moment except thinking about this image situation. Goddamn lack of decent TV.)

So far I've been checking what User Agents have images in it.

Browsers That Work.

1. Safari (iOS editions)
    2. Chrome Mobile (On Android Phones, Tablets and iDevices
    3. FireFox Mobile. (On Android Phones and Tablets)
    4. Windows Mobile Stock Browsers

You could also just click "Mobile Version" in a new tab. That could work.

-Hopefully THIS will be the final response. Actually, it probably won't be judging by my previous predictions. But hey, the joys of image hype.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content