Cartoons-Anime Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about various cartoons and anime

3 posters

Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.)

Ciaran
    Ciaran

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
    Mana:
    Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.)

Post  Ciaran Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:33 pm

:p
    Shiny Shinigami
    Shiny Shinigami
    moderators
    moderators

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue350/350Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (350/350)
    Mana:
    Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue350/350Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (350/350)

Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.)

Post  Shiny Shinigami Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Okay, is there a way to ban those users who don't post even once? That way we can get rid of them and keep the users that have posted at least once. If a user has made an introduction post, they will stay. Also, if a user has posted a post that isn't advertisement/spam/etc., no bans. Members we know because they had actually posted 10+ times will also stay, as they have obviously had something to say.

In other words:
    Users may be reported and banned for the following reasons:

• Their post count stays at zero for at least a week.
    • They are harassing/bullying another user specifically. Especially about things such as age, race, culture, gender, etc. Even things such as if they are the member of a particular "fandom" should be ignored, unless the thread is related to the subject. Though, it would still be preferred if the "bully" would still refer to the "victim" user as an anonymous name instead of their username or real-life name.
    • Users that spam or troll the same thing repeatedly will be banned.
    • Users that only have posts that are advertisements for Youtube and other social media will be banned.

This is what I currently have.

Last edited by Malamar on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ciaran
    Ciaran

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100/100Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
    Mana:
    Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Post  Ciaran Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:50 pm

Sorry to butt in but, to be honest, this may effect “Lurkers” (People who mainly read.).
    Shiny Shinigami
    Shiny Shinigami
    moderators
    moderators

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Shiny Shinigami Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:59 pm

Hmm, you may be correct about that, but most of the people who have made accounts haven't logged in for a while since then, so we can assume the ones who haven't logged in in over a year can be banned? Other than people who posted and the infamous bot, who has been banned for a while now (and let's keep it that way).
    Ciaran
    Ciaran

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Ciaran Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:01 pm

Possibly give them an “Inactive/Dead” rank?
    Shiny Shinigami
    Shiny Shinigami
    moderators
    moderators

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Shiny Shinigami Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:03 pm

Yes, I have created a list of users that actually apply to the "dead" status. However, I have yet to be able to . . . I guess the term is "sticky" the thread, so it can stay updated by me AND not be allowed to die.
    Ciaran
    Ciaran

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Ciaran Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:06 pm

Can you set a post to be a global announcement with Invision? (More of a PHPBB person myself.)
    Shiny Shinigami
    Shiny Shinigami
    moderators
    moderators

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Shiny Shinigami Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:09 pm

I have no idea, all I know is that I'm only allowed to do things to certain threads until Lizz modifies that for the moderators to, well, moderate all areas of the forums.

I finally found the "move topic" buttons, and all that. It's just the fact that Lizz didn't allow moderators to edit the "In General" area. (My list of dead and active users is located there)
    Ciaran
    Ciaran

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Ciaran Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Maybe PM her to do it on your behalf?
    Shiny Shinigami
    Shiny Shinigami
    moderators
    moderators

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Shiny Shinigami Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:14 pm

I actually told her publicly on a Pokemon thread.

(and in response to my above sentence, I shall introduce you to this forum's favorite Emoticon)

Facepalm
    Ciaran
    Ciaran

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Ciaran Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:16 pm

Pretty sure 1/4 of the internet have used that image at least once.
    Shiny Shinigami
    Shiny Shinigami
    moderators
    moderators

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Shiny Shinigami Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Yeah . . . also, I'm obsessed with a certain thing called Yu-Gi-Oh . . . I swear though, they have TOO MANY FREAKIN' CARDS! IT'S INSANE! PLUS, THERE'S THE FACT THAT HALF OF MY FAVORITES ARE ONLY IN JAPAN!

Okay, now that that's out . . . I'll be on the Yu-Gi-Oh section typing a list of spin-off ideas.
    Lizz
    Lizz
    Admin
    Admin

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue650/650Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (650/650)
    Mana:
    Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue650/650Ideas for future updates. (Ideas of sorts.) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (650/650)

Post  Lizz Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:58 am

I'll work on that
    Ciaran
    Ciaran

Character sheet
    Info:
    hp:
    Mana:

Post  Ciaran Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:22 pm

Sounds good.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:21 am